This is a set of sample configuration files for a Linux machine.
They have comments, so you can understand them and make changes
to fit your needs.
The list is far from complete; you can send me a mail
(webmaster "at" math.tifr.res.in) with suggestions.
The links of the left are HTML files for easy reading; at the end
of the line you will find a link to a text file for downloading
- auto.master, master file that
controls files that are mounted on request; e.g. if you have a NFS
client and do not want to have the files mounted all the time
- auto.homes, one of the files used
by the auto.master (text version).
- exports, to share your disk with
other machines (text version)
- fstab, how the different partitions
of your hard disk(s) fit in the directory structure of Linux
- netgroup, to authorise machines/users
over the network (text version)